START WITH OLDEST POST AT BOTTOM

Monday, April 28, 2014

Infection connection

First: mea culpa: think you know I don't like writing when there isn't anything of import to relate.  Have a huge aversion to the twitter universe, and don't want to update with boring details of the daily grind. Probably should have posted something about being away for a few weeks, as the shaming and admonishments from many friends have been considerable but heartfelt :-)

Of the many cancer gifts that just keep on giving, treatment side effects rank high on the list. You probably all know that toxic drugs for treating cancer suppress the immune system-hardly a revelation to anyone with a pulse.

Did some travel recently in those long flying cigar tubes we call airplanes, and I think they should be renamed flying petri dishes for all the viruses (pic above) that circulate onboard. Heaven forbid they install HEPA filters and keep us healthy. Probably similar to visiting a preschool classroom and licking the door handle on the way in.

Anyway had lots of travel related infections, the details of which you will be mercifully spared. Had a regular Oncology followup last week: no recurrence for now, and my Onc drop kicked me back into the world with a no whining tattoo (although I'm not confessing to location). Has to make you love physician empathy and compassion, which we all know is truly boundless-calls for another :-)

So apologies to all for being delinquent, tardy, or just plain lazy and not keeping up with you.  Thanks for being there; I'm fine and will try not to acquire viruses any more than necessary, although I've never known when or why it should ever be necessary...

Kind regards

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news that you are doing well...pesky microbe's aside. Stay out of those planes and drive instead!!! And yes you are tardy.....been wondering how you are.

    ReplyDelete