START WITH OLDEST POST AT BOTTOM
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Gettin' there
The 'finish line' may be getting closer. Today's white blood cell count was still normal 3 weeks after the last Neulasta injection-so no injection today and another white cell recheck next week. Up until now it was 2-3 weeks between injections; we are heading for 4 weeks, or who knows how long (who knew???) until the next 'white cell booster'. You can be sure I'll be swinging for the bleachers.
As many of you have told me, and as I have come to know, you just need to have faith and keep moving forward. Trite-yes, but so is everything time has proven to be true. The reason aphorisms exist is: things really do follow patterns, so we treat it as commonplace and coin a phrase to express it.
People often ask 'How are you feeling now?' or 'What % of your previous health are you?' I have decided the answers are: Normal and 100% respectively. With time you forget what you were like; the best expression I've heard is: 'The older I get, the better I was.' That said, it now feels like the time to just accept the present as normal, call it a day, and move on.
Enough philosophy-thanks for your kind wishes and support-it has made the journey not only tolerable but at times entertaining.
Best wishes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great news! I'm thrilled to hear it.
ReplyDelete